This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's Called Christmas With A Capital "C"...

I don't know about you, but I am one of those people who prefer to say, "Merry Christmas"
instead of "Happy Holidays". It makes me feel good to say it.  When I say it, I am transferring years of tradition and gathering of friends and family when I pass the greeting along to those I care about...

I think of it as a very special birthday celebration and God loved us all so much He wanted each of us to celebrate with our families.  It is a time of love and forgiveness.  It is hanging lights, decorating, baking and special music.  It is setting up the tree with the manger beneath with an angel and star above it.  It is about thinking of those we love and showing them how much.  I love the fact Thanksgiving comes before Christmas.  First we are thankful, then we celebrate. 

My girlfriend emailed this to me and I practically stood up from my chair and cheered!

Click on the link below and see what YOU think...

Christmas With A Capital "C"

10 comments:

Theres just life said...

I am with you Happy Holidays just doesn't sound right. It's got to be MERRY CHRISTMAS for me.

Chatty Crone said...

It worked! And I LOVE that song - so true and I think people and companies are going back towards it - hope so anyway.

Love,
sandie

Cheryl said...

I thoroughly enjoyed the song. Yes indeed, Merry Christmas!

Cheryl said...

I thoroughly enjoyed the song! I will continue to wish Merry Christmas and celebrate the real reason for the season.

Mari said...

I love it! And I agree. Merry Christmas!

Jeanie said...

Cool video and I agree that "Merry Christmas" sends it's own special message.

betty said...

It is a catchy song, Donna! And I totally agree with the message in it plus your thoughts about Merry Christmas versus Happy Holidays.

so, Merry Christmas!

betty

Melanie said...

What a great video!! I always say "Merry Christmas".
Have a great weekend. :)

The Words Crafter said...

Merry Christmas!

Bob West said...

I enjoyed reading your blog.
Very interesting and I have now become a follower.
Hopefully you will get a lot out of mine also.
God Bless, Bob
http://westbob.blogspot.com/2010/05/god-vs-science.html